home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, September 17, 2018

Madewell Try-On: Early Fall



Who else is counting down to Fall? Let's just start with saying the best way to prepare is with some fall fashion, right? Right. And if you can't tell, I started my fall shopping at Madewell. It's a season that they master year after year. All the oversized sweaters, cardigans, and layering possibilities are synonymous with why they are so good! The best part is this try-on has a mix of everything to get your fall wardrobe going.

cozy tan grey cardigan

cozy tan grey cardigan

 KENT COLORBLOCK CARDIGAN $98 (take 25% off) // SIZE XXS

A true classic piece Madewell makes each year and for Fall, it's done in this updated colorblock neutral edition. The tan and grey are my two favorite neutrals, so this is amazing. It does run large and went with my smaller size. It is meant to be oversized, but I would still go down a size. There is plenty of room to layer under. It might be a little pricey, but it is so soft to the touch and one that will get so much wear.

cute dark floral dress

CROSS-FRONT MINI-DRESS IN GARDEN PARTY $118 // SIZE 00

While most days I'm reaching for a tee and jeans, I do crave a dress here and there. Madewell tends to deliver a dress or two each season that are unexpectedly amazing. Guess what? It's this one. It doesn't look like much on the hanger or in pictures, but when you put it on it feels and looks great. It does have a wrap front along the bust, which is much more comfortable than previous cuts. The darker floral is one I can get behind to be seasonless. The only warning is it being low cut. If your bust is small (hiii), then go with your smaller size. For date night, it would be fine without a cami. But you probably won't get away with that for work. Definitely can see this working with a cardi and some boots for cooler temperatures. 


cozy brown pullover sweater

cute cozy fall sweater

WRAP-FRONT PULLOVER SWEATER $79.50 // SIZE XS

Another sweater that was a hit from last Fall is back! Truth be told, I actually passed even trying this on last year. This color is one that got me, though. As far as fit, I would stick to your normal size. It's not oversized. What I do love about it being a good staple, is the wrap is made so your stomach won't get exposed. It is a little low, so depending on where you're wearing this you could need a cami. 

black button front skinny jeans

best black button front jeans

9" HIGH RISE SKINNY JEANS IN BERKELEY BLACK: BUTTON-THROUGH EDITION $135 // SIZE 26

These jeans are for all my short-torso ladies! Most of their jeans are 10" and when they make a pair in 9" it's perfect for my short waist still wanting to wear high-rise jeans. Crazy how that inch can make a big difference from feeling like your pants are under your boobs to just wear your belly button is! These do have a lot of stretch and have a frayed pant hem, both details I'm into. While I have normally worn a 25 in their jeans, I knew from picking up a size 25 that I better take a size 26 too. My eyes didn't lie because I needed the 26. I'm 5'4 and have longer legs, but they hit perfectly at my lower ankle. And don't they pair well with the wrap-front sweater



CROFTON STRIPED PULLOVER SWEATER $88 // SIZE XXS

Well I'm not one to say no to stripes, and Madewell isn't either. This has an oversized fit and would go with your smaller size, but if you want an even more oversized fit go with your normal size. It is really soft and cozy and well very cheery. 




SPENCER SWEATER-COAT $150 (take 25% off) // SIZE XXS

This was yet another hit from last year and finally trying it on this year. Just when you though cardigans were the best thing, this out does it. It's thicker and more structured, but less bulky than a jacket. It's so well made and something this LA girl can use on the regular during our less than harsh winters. I would highly recommend sizing down. It's very oversized with plenty of room to layer. 

Hopefully this try-on helped with fit and sizing! Let me know if you have any questions. Have you started shopping for fall yet?

4 comments:

  1. AHH this post made me so excited about being able to shop in person at Madewell this week. It's been like, 4 or 5 years since I've been close to a store. WAHOO! So many cute pieces!

    - Jackie from Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the camel sweater coat, and the dress is really cute on you!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute picks dear! Love the dress!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that striped sweater!! It's time to pull out all the warm things!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!