home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Packing Light + Linkup

Well I'm Portland bound and no matter how many times I tell myself that I'll back in time, I just don't. Truthfully, this trip just snuck up on me. Plus, who books a flight for 6 am at the airport waaay across town? All eyes on the boyfriend. Even though I never feel fully prepared for packing, I've become a frantic pro at just packing a carry-on luggage. I only recommend that if you are doing 4-5 days. Here are my tried and true tips for packing light (after you calm down):

1. Pick basics: You don't have much space, so everything in that luggage is prime real estate. You need 90% of everything to go with everything else.

2. Limit shoes: I know, I know. Shoes can make or break an outfit. But shoes take up sooo much space. I tend to stick to 2 pairs inside and the most bulky on my feet. Again, you're better off with neutral colored so they will go with everything. 

3. Pick a fun item: It's really hard for me to let go of wanting to wear something fun and exciting for a trip. So think of it as your reward for sticking to packing light and find that one item that's bold, bright, or printed to take.

4. Be real: Many times I gone shopping right before the trip and try to savor the items by not wearing them prior to the trip. Don't do that! You want and really need everything to be comfortable. The worst thing is finding out while on vacation that something is really uncomfortable or a terrible fit.  

If you been to Portland, let me know where I should visit. I'm coming with a blank itinerary. I'll be snapping away so follow on Snapchat (username: AdriLately).





18 comments:

  1. We went on vacation a few weeks ago, and like you, I must say that it's helpful to master packing just the right amount of clothes to fit in a carry on bag! I hope you have a wonderful time in Portland. I haven't really spent much time in the city, so I can't offer any suggestions, but I am sure you'll find a lot of wonderful things to do/see!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Portland a few times and every time I have to visit the Japanese Garden inside Washington Park. Must try the Aeriel tram and see the Grotto. Everything is so green and the air is so fresh...take advantage of the nature. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great packing tips lady! Narrowing down my shoes is always the hardest part! Hope you have so much fun in Portland!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great packing tips. I am the worst with narrowing down shoes! One thing I do when packing though is to take outfits that I have already worn or at least try them on first to make sure everything works together. No experimenting with new combinations while traveling! That never works out in my favor. Don't forget to link up On the Edge of the Week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow bon voyage lady!

    The 2nd installment of my festival style campaign with UK-brand BOOHOO is still live at the blog - come check it out and lemme know what you think!

    Happy Weekend!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great packing tips, lady- safe + happy travels!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great tips! I'm am sooo bad at packing... But I'm going to keep this in mind for my and hubby's long weekend trip coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these packing tips. I always bring too many shoes, that I never wear! Have fun in Portland!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tips! I always have the hardest time packing light!!

    xx Leah / www.eatpraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips! I always intend on packing light, and then I have to pay extra for my heavy bag. :(
    I will try and keep this in mind next time I travel.

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great trip and love these tips!

    Thank you for hosting and hope you are having a fab week!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great list. I'm leaving on vacation soon and already thinking of what to pack as I want to go as light as possible. Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/07/17/wedding-fashion-musts-groomsmen-bridesmaids/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips - especially the "Be Real" - I have done that SO many times! I'll buy "vacation clothes" and not wear them until the trip because I'm afraid I'll ruin the novelty of having a new item, lol. Have fun in Portland!

    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was gone this weekend too which is why I didn't get to link up. I hope you had such a great item!! Looked fun on snap. Packing always sneaks up on me too and it is the shoes that get me, ha!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I need tips for travelling lightly so this helps. I always try and look for ways to save space by rolling my clothes etc.. xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips! And have fun!
    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com
    www.instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!