home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, March 1, 2018

When You're in a Funk






It's was one of those weeks, guys. You know the kind where it's one hiccup after the other. The kind that well, you know your are fine in this moment (when you step back from it all), but things are not happening like you imagined or planned. It's hard to catch your breath because you just caught it two seconds ago. I know, it's not really peppy Friday talk. But I couldn't sit here and chat about my outfit. That didn't seem real. Plus that brings up a discussion I had earlier in the Instagram pod (yes, I do that) I'm in about sharing more than just surface stuff. So how much does one share of their life on the internet? Life is more than shopping, cute outfits, and all the rosy things. While I can't get into the nitty gritty of this week, I can tell you the things that have helped me when I'm in a funk:

1. Talk it out with you're biggest cheerleader in your life. Seriously, you'll feel tons better. 

2. Grab a book! For me, it's a self-help book. It's always the best way to realize how amazing you are. My current read is the Judgement Detox, which I'm close to finishing and savoring. Another one, I love is this for an honest kick in the pants.

3. Treat yo self girl! Depending on your situation, that could be getting a massage or grabbing a fancy latte. For me, it's reaching for a glass of wine and putting on that special occasion face product.

4. Journal it out! Whenever it seems things are not headed the right way, writing down what I actually want flips a switch and puts all your focus on what you want.

5. Get up (or out) and move! It seems to be the perfect time to want to do nothing, but going on a walk or your favorite workout class will get you out of your head.

6. Do something nice for someone else. While you might not be in control of what's going on, but you can deliberately put some good energy out with a good deed. Speaking of good deeds, make sure to check my Instagram later for a giveaway!

What's the one thing you do when things get you down?

Anyway, it's still our weekly linkup! Thank you for linking up with last week! Our pics are Lee from Legallee Blonde  and Cheryl from Cheryl Shops!



8 comments:

  1. I love your striped top! :)

    Sorry to hear your week has been tough - we had a tough start to the year so I agree with all the pick me up tips you shared. I hope your weekend gets better! :)

    Thank you for the link up!


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope next week is better for you!
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a rough week. I am glad you are taking things in strides and you are doing your best to keep happy on a rough situation. When I feel bummed, I go do one of my hobbies, it could be reading, scrapbooking, etc and to disconnect from the situation. It gives me time to reflect and time to diffuse energy that might have been used senselessly. I hope your weekend is on the up and happy Friday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute look! I hope this next week is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Journaling has been such a help for me. Also getting out and doing something that is so different. Like a wine and paint night with my girlfriends, going to see a movie even if it's by myself. Hope your weekend is better!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these tips! Everyone gets in a funk now and then. I usually end up doing #3...haha
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great advise, I especially like to journal. It is so therapeutic.
    Xx, Nailil
    www.thirtyminusone.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's true, no one wants to write posts that always feel negative or even just real. But I know for myself anyway, that is life on a daily basis, and considering we spend something like 11 billion dollars on the self help industry a year, it would seem that most of us at least don't consider ourselves to be happy. Maybe the pressure to fake happiness has distorted our ideas of what happiness should even be or feel like.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!