home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, March 5, 2018

Madewell Try On's: Spring

fitting room try on session

UPDATE: Madewell is giving 15% off (including denim) for Insiders till 3/12. Basically, you just need to create an account and you'll get extra perks like this sale and free shipping. 

Ladies hold your wallets. I might just be talking to myself, but Madewell released more of their Spring Collection. From updated basics to light layers, you're only going to want that sunny weather to arrive even more. While my local store was heavy on the tops, I did make sure to test out their coveted Perfect Summer Jeans in all these looks. These are that easy, relaxed in all the right places fit you would expect. And with the price point completely worth it for Madewell!

cute stripe tshirt

short sleeve tee

crop stripe tee

EASY CROP TEE IN WANDA STRIPE $39.50 // SIZE XXS

You'd be surprised how often I stay away from their basics, like simple tees. But this one caught my eye because of quality. It has a nice thickness. The fit doesn't disappoint. It's oversized and not too cropped. As you can see, it's still possible to front tuck on high-waisted jeans. While if you're anything like me, you can never have enough stripe tees, but does come in several colors.

red and white floral top

red embroidered top

white embroidered top

EMBROIDERED FABLE TOP $92 // SIZE XXS

When I saw this online, I immediately was drawn to it in the navy version. That changed the second I saw it styled in store in white. It is oversized, but found it be run small in the arm holes. That's surprising, since my shoulders and arms are petite. So I would advise going up one size in this one. The details really are beautifully done and have me craving a nice warm day.

tee with knot detail

knot black tee

cute black tee

MODERN SIDE-TIE TOP $39.50 // SIZE XS

While this didn't catch my eye online, I figured I would try it on because it seems to be the follow up to this tee that I love. There is some texture to the fabric that gives it that special factor on top of the ties on the side. I thought this would run true to size, but found it to run a little big on the bottom. If that's a fit you like, it can work. Basically, you cannot adjust the ties to make smaller just larger. If you don't want it extra roomy, I would go down a size in this.

affordable black jumpsuit

black ruffle jumpsuit

womens black jumpsuit

APRON RUFFLE-JUMPSUIT $135 (NOW: $101.25) // SIZE XXS

Well, well, I finally got the chance to try this number on! Let's just say it was completely worth the wait. The second I put this on, I just knew. I knew. It was that piece that has it all-pockets, versatility, and comfy. These pictures don't really due it justice, but I can't recommend this enough. Okay, but let's talk fit. The sales girl said it was true to size, but I have to disagree. I went down in size and found that to work best. The straps are a little long, which I did hear others say the same thing. I'm willing to go the extra step to fix that. The material and design makes it easy to wear with sandals to heels. 

grey stripe sweater tank

stripe sweater tank

STOCKTON SWEATER TANK IN STRIPE $65 (NOW $48.75) // SIZE XS

Personally, I'm not sure about this top. The quality of knit is great and does fit well. But I think I would get more use out of it in the solid version. It could also just be that weird feeling of not seeing so much skin after being covered in layers all these months. Perhaps it's one to keep an eye on to see if it goes on sale.

stripe central shirt

ruffle shirt

red and white stripe shirt

CENTRAL RUFFLE-SLEEVE SHIRT $72 (NOW $48.74) // SIZE XXS

Anytime I see stripes and ruffles, you know I'm not going to stay away. While the red is not something I normally wear, I thought it was subtle enough. Just like all of their Central Shirts, these run huge! I always size down and would do so with this version. You'll love that it can be styled many ways and could be a great Spring/Summer staple with shorts or white jeans.

madewell fringe sweater


FRINGED MEDINA SWEATER $75 // SIZE XS

Seeing this online, it didn't grab my attention. In person, that was another story. This is one of those great transitional sweaters, especially if you live in a warmer climate like LA. This runs true to size, but still fits loose in the body. While I would wear this casually, I can see it working for an office look with tan slacks. 

What's your favorite piece? You can see my earlier Spring try on's here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!