home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Madewell Try-On's: Early Summer

madewell summer review 2018

Nothing makes my week better than Madewell dropping some new arrivals! And to be honest, it's been awhile since I've done a try on session on the blog. I have to say that the past couple of collections haven't been as good, but this one is giving me all the feels! It confirms my reason I initially fell in love with Madewell-updated basics and fun pieces you can wear over and over! Now, the question is when will summer arrive? Suddenly, LA has become gloomy. 

Sidenote: all dresses and jumpsuits are currently 20% off with code: PRETTYPLEASE



cute white eyelet top

EYELET SUNDRIFT RUFFLE TOP $74 // SIZE XXS


easy summer outfit ideas

casual eyelet top and jeans

If there's one thing I can't resist, it's white eyelet for summer! It is oversized and I went with my smaller size. It's not lined, but with a nude bra on (like I have) it's an easy top for hot days. It passes the tuck in test. I styled it with their Perfect Summer Jeans and love the ease of this whole look! 

cute black eyelet top

EYELET BELL-SLEEVE TOP $74 // SIZE XXS

cute black top

black eyelet shirt

cute ruffle top

Okay, I also cannot say no to black eyelet! This top is back from last year and totally need to grab it this year. Again, it's not lined. It is oversized, but couldn't see a difference from the next size up. I would only advice sizing up if your shoulders are broad. This is one of those tops you can easily wear to the office with a cami under and on the weekend. It is on the shorter side (not cropped), so best with high waist bottoms.

cute chambray dress

DENIM PINTUCK CAMI DRESS $128 // SIZE 0

perfect denim dress

cute summer dress

One category Madewell hasn't been winning me over with is dresses. And the 5 year-old in me loves dresses! I had seen several bloggers post wearing this denim one and gave it a shot. I get it now. It's enough shape at the top, but flowy in the body (exactly what you want when it's so hot out). Again, I would size for your chest. I probably would have bought this if they had a smaller size. There is a black strawberry print one. Oh, and dresses are 20% off right now! Use code: PRETTYPLEASE

pink stripe top

TEXTURE & THREAD BUTTERFLY SLEEVE TOP  (SHERBET STRIPE) $52 // SIZE XXS

cute pink stripe top and white jeans

easy summer outfit

cute stripe top and relaxed jeans

OH-M-GEE! This top is mainly the reason I had to come in the store. It doesn't disappoint! The colors scream summer! There is texture to the material, which I can see some people not liking. It does make it casual, which fits my style 99% of the time. There is a blue/white option. The best part is it looks great out and tucked in, with blue or white jeans-SO many options! I tried it with these button front white jeans and the Perfect Summer Jeans


cute denim top

CHAMBRAY TIE-FRONT KEYHOLE CAMI TOP $58 // SIZE 00

cute chambray tank

summer chambray top

cute summer outfit with white jeans

I really didn't think I would love this top, but I was wrong. The fit is on point, which doesn't happen that often with my smaller bust. I did have to size down, because of my bust. Even with the cutout, you can still manage to wear a strapless bra. The adjustable straps and side zipper are all details I contribute to the good fit. So I would say size for your bust on this one. I couldn't resist pairing it with a good white jean. Again, I have summer on my mind.

Hope this try-on was helpful! Let me know your favorite!




4 comments:

  1. love that white ruffle top, all your try ons are so pretty
    https://www.modlotus.com/chic-office-wear-j-crew-black-dress/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that last chambray cami is my favourite piece of all the fun ones you tried on - it's just perfect for summer! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope that you are having a great week so far! Almost the weekend! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked some lovely pieces here. I love the white top - so perfect for summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your Madewell picks! I'm thinking I need that chambray dress, so cute!!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!