home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, May 10, 2018

What I Wore In Tulum

After 5 days in paradise, I'm back and ready to share everything (in bits). While I had every intention of sharing on Instagram my trip to Tulum, I was in for a reality check with the spotty WiFi. Other than stories, it just was not happening. So I guess you can say I got a bit of a phone detox. It was actually quite nice. Anyway, I'll be sharing more, but for now I'm starting with my outfits. All are snapshots from my phone because I quickly learned lugging a camera was not going to happen in the humidity. 

DAY 1 // EXPLORING & EATING

Quickly realized what hot and humid meant, but it could have been I'm not used to the heat lately. It was all about breezy tanks (this one has become a favorite!) and shorts. Also, you will want a good hat. It's great for sun protection, but even better for bad hair days (as I learned). 



DAY 2 // WELCOME DINNER

The main reason for our trip was for a friend's wedding (and I'm not complaining). For Friday evening, they planned a special dinner for all the guests. A fun flirty dress was in order, which would make for a great Wedding Guest dress as well. It was light and airy, but certainly will be worn throughout summer-that was the biggest criteria for purchasing this dress. And shoutout to these basic sandals because they go with everything and are so comfortable!



DAY 3 // REFUELING

If you been following me for sometime, you know I love me some matcha! When I was trying to figure out where we should go, I found Matcha Mama and there was no question I was going to try it. We didn't have much time, so I threw on an easy dress and rocking my new accessories-the bug repellent bands! You guys the mosquitoes were eating me up. I don't think they worked, but I was desperate and didn't take them off. 

dress (old, similar) // sandals // hat // purse // sunglasses


DAY 4 // BEACH WEDDING

The wedding was absolutely amazing! The ceremony and reception were right on the beach. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what to wear with the invite saying beach formal. I went with my trusty black dress I've owned for sometime. I could have worn any beachy dress, but this dress worked just as well. 



DAY 5 // LAST DAY

Well we had a 4 pm flight, it takes 2 hours to get to Cancun Airport from Tulum, so we only had the morning to enjoy on our last day. At this point, I wanted something that would work for the heat and comfy to travel all day in. I had brought along this jumpsuit just in case and so glad I did. It was just right for what I needed. Plus, it has pockets and you need all the pockets when traveling. 


Anyway, if you can't tell I made sure everything went with each other. I was successful and packed everything in my carry on. Have any of you visited Tulum?

Now, it's time for our linkup! Our picks are Christine from Bon Chic Style and Lydia from Chic on the Cheap






6 comments:

  1. You have such cute dresses! Perfect for dealing with the heat! :)


    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope that you are having a lovely week and you have a good weekend ahead of you :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many adorable looks here Adri! What a fabulous trip you must have had! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all of your Tulum looks, and you have the cutest dresses! Sounds like it was a great trip!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked adorable and comfortable the entire time. I'm ready for a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your beachy looks - that yellow dress is so perfect! I'm glad you had an amazing time enjoying the beach and celebrating with your friend.
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great looks! I really love yellow on you. Very becoming!

    Shelbee www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!