home     about     contact     styling        

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

What I'm Packing for Tulum

tulum packing list

You guys I'm actually leaving for Tulum tomorrow evening! Someone pinch me! It's been on my bucklist for at least a year now. Not only do I get to experience Tulum with my fiance, but with close friends for a friend's wedding. While I certainly plan to celebrate their special day, I have every intention of soaking up the chill beach vibes. Oh, and eating! Just as my previous trip to Costa Rica two years ago, I'm planning to fit it all in my carry-on. It's mainly me always feeling better having my suitcase exactly where I know it is. Taken my experience from packing for Costa Rica, I figured it would be fun to share a few things that instantly made the top of my packing list for you.

Travel Bag
This travel bag has been loved for years now! It goes way back to my days working at Sole Society that I discovered it (and really all their weekenders). It's one of those bags that looks more expensive, but a complete steal that holds up. It actually does more traveling than me! I'm always letting my sister borrow it for her trips. It's a sturdy faux leather that's not only going to fit tons, but your other half won't mind holding because it's gender neutral.




Straw Hat
I'm all about protecting myself from the sun, but this is one of those hats that looks good year after year. It can go from the beach to a sea side lunch.

Black Jumpsuit
If you're looking for something versatile, this is it! I'm still debating if I should make this my travel outfit because it's SO comfy and has pockets. I do know that it's probably going to be worn several times on my trip. It can go from lunch to dinner real quick with a change of shoes and earrings.

Espadrilles
Well I can't go anywhere without my signature shoes! This is my second pair of these espadrilles and they are the best! From traveling to walking around, these are comfy and work with just about everything!

Wrap Dress
Initially, this was going to be my outfit to the wedding. I totally think it makes a great wedding dress, but it turns out it's more formal. It still works for the welcome dinner or eating at a nice restaurant. Heck, I might even make it a cover up.



Sunscreen
This is my everyday face moisturizer with SPF. It has clean ingredients and love that it doesn't leave my skin with a white film.

Black One-Piece
This came along to Costa Rica and taking it again. I feel like you can never go wrong with a good black bathing suit. It's just like an LBD just for the beach.



Tan Sandals
While I don't want to bring too many shoes, I needed something that was a little nicer than my espadrilles and beach appropriate. These flat sandals had great reviews and will work with a dress or shorts.



Tassel Earrings
My new go-to earrings that add some color to my outfits! The best part is that they are very light! They come in several other colors in case you're not into mustard.



Straw Purse
I'm pretty sure you've seen these straw circle purses evvvrywhere! And not that I need another circle bag, I just couldn't resist the price point. I'm all about taking just one purse to go with all my looks, so this is it! Well just maybe not the wedding.



Is anyone headed to a beach vacation soon? Hope this list helps you!

1 comment:

  1. Your packing list looks on point, and I'm pretty sure I've got that same weekender! I can't wait to see the photos, and hope you have an amazing time!
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!