home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Summer Jean Shorts Review

a&f jean shorts review

Yes, you're reading that right. I'm stepping out of my usual store and headed to Abercrobie for shorts. Here's the thing, I'm just not a fan of tight hugging shorts and forget it if they are high rise. And if you're into a stretchy, high waisted short, then Madewell is your place. Still love you, but I had to find a pair I could live in with my trip to Tulum coming. Never thought I would be finding myself at Abercrombie for shorts as a 30 year old, but hey you do what you have to in the name of desperation shorts. With a variety of options, it actually turned out better than I could have hoped for. If you're on the hunt for some budget-friendly jean shorts that are comfortable, then I've got you covered. 

AMES LOW RISE BOYFRIEND SHORT // SIZE 25

These are a good lived in pair of shorts. There is a little structure to the fabric, which I do love in shorts. I'm not trying to give it all away. Because they are boyfriend cut, you can stick to your size or go down. I did go with my smaller size and still have some room. Everything is covered from all angles, so that's a plus. I didn't end up with these, since I already have a boyfriend short coming with me.





Not going to lie, these are short and low. Don't worry, you can still sit comfortably. And call me crazy the thicker denim helps to make them the right fit and tasteful. Maybe it's purely the fact that my mind has beach written all over it, but these ended up being the winners for me. The question is how much I will wear them after the trip is up in the air.




ANNIE HIGH-RISE GIRLFRIEND SHORT // SIZE 26

Immediately, these were a big NO! They had a looser fit, so I figured could balance out my dislike for high rise. It didn't change my mind. They looked frumpy from the front. The back was fine.




ANNIE HIGH RISE SHORT // SIZE 25

Uhh, no! The distressing on the leg openings land at an awkward spot for me. My thighs are a little fuller, so I would stay away from these if you're not trying to draw attention to your thighs. However, I did love the thicker denim and side/back views.



Have you tried any of Abercrombie's shorts? I think I'm a fan, even if I only came home with one pair.



4 comments:

  1. I think I like the first pair most - they are all really great though! I need to get some fake tan on before my pins get let out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tried on so many nice pairs! This past summer was the summer of shorts for me - definitely worth updating the wardrobe with a new pair or two as the weather heats up! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope you had a lovely week and have a nice weekend ahead of you :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these shorts are so cute! I don't like my shorts to fit tight either. I need to check out the high rise pairs!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do prefer a pair of shorts that does not appear molded to my legs! It's funny how Abercrobmie seems to be changing a bit lately and wanting to appeal to more than just teenagers.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!