home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, December 23, 2013

2 Tops, Day to Night

Two of my favorite trends right now are plaid and sequins and paired together is even better if you ask me! After seeing this post last week I knew had to recreate it! I actually had this black sequins tank sitting in my closet for a couple of years and not really knowing what to do with it. I'm just glad I didn't put it in the giveaway pile because now I feel like I can style this tank a million and one ways (hint: you'll be seeing this top again like real soon). After being inspired to wear it for day, a little light went off in my head-these same two tops could totally work for night!
For night, just switch up the layers of the the tank and plaid shirt and voila! I opted for black skinny jeans and some extra special heels (hello gold heel!). A pencil skirt would also be a great option, but it was chilly out and this California girl is a cold weather wimp. Yes, anything below 70 degrees is cold.

Hope these tips helped! Hope you had a great weekend not doing last minute shopping!

Outfit Deets:
Plaid Shirt: Forever 21 (similar)
Tank: Aqua (similar, similar, similar)
Booties: Chinese Laundry
Heels: Dolce Vita
Belt: Le Mode



5 comments:

  1. Love this unique look! Love your blog and following you on instagram.If you want you can follow me back :-)
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you switched up the top--I think I could make something like work!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haley! So glad you might try it! Let me know if you do. I'd love to see!

      Delete
  3. wow..!! you look different...its fantastic..!!

    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!