home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Blanket Cape + Linkup





Cape (it's reversible) // top (only $12) // jeans // booties (comfy low-heel)

In case you might have missed my thank you, I really appreciated all your kind and truly heartfelt words to last weeks post. In many ways, it didn't feel like it was my story, but my sister and mom's. FYI they are doing well. Things aren't over yet. We're getting there.

Now back to my usual spill. I'll be honest, I have no clue what this blanket, cape/poncho is technically called (it's on MAJOR sale for $29). BUT you will get serious compliments. Perhaps they are jealous of how warm and cozy you look. I'll take it. Anyway, it's a purchase I made last year that I wore here before and doesn't look like I'll stop wearing it anytime soon. This look was perfect for an indulgent brunch with waffles. No problem trying to hide any food babies with this cape thing. All about fashion hiding food babies.

Now let's flashback to last year's look here. Grey, plaid and tan still make my heart sing. It's been raining like crazy here, so minus the booties (not rain proof) I think I should re-wear this look asap. But back to the booties. They were recently restocked in this color. I still wear them consistently and you can wear these walking all day. Can you tell I'm all about comfy? 

Thank you so much for linking up with us! Our picks are Kim from Champagneista and Sheela from Sheela Writes! We can't wait to see your posts this week!



13 comments:

  1. I truly adore your cape dear. nice combination with the blacks.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely cape and perfect for the current LA weather.

    ~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of capes, ruanas, ponchos, and whatever the heck other names these giant wraps go by! I love the color combination, too, of the black with white and tan! Super cute look.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the poncho, although I don't wear them as much in the very cold!! Because I can never figure out which coat to wear over them??
    But I love how this one spruces up an all black look!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blanket cape and the neutral colors! Cozy and stylish!
    Rachael
    www.threasdforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look! Love your cape and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is so simple and so chic! Love it. you styled your blanket scarf perfectly.

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same blanket/cape/poncho (whatever), and I love it! Looks great with your all black.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cape is pretty and I love the neutral colors. Love your throwback look too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohhh I love this look! The all black outfit with the cape is perfect!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your cape! So stylish and cozy :) Happy Friday and thanks for hosting!

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect look, so stylish :) thanks for sharing!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cape!
    Xo
    Jeanie
    www.thefashionlotus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!