home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Now & Later: Madewell Dress (Part 2)








cardigan // dress (as a top) // jeans // booties // hat // sunglasses

When I shop, I think of ALL the ways I can wear something. It's something that I've learned the hard way. My mind goes back to the time I thought white leggings were a good idea. Anyway, this is what I like to call smart shopping and applied it to the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. All my shopping was done in one trip in under an hour and right before work. Yes, I need a time limit or else. This is the second part to the #nsale (see the first post here). But you'll see that it created a mini capsule wardrobe that worked with each other and you can bet these pieces fit my current closet. We're basically a day away from the sale opening to the public, but all I can say is have a game plan.

Here's what worked for me:
1. Know what you actually need in your closet
2. Take inventory of the items you wore to death last fall (maybe it's in actual shreds and should be replaced)
3. Have a budget. Yes, really.
4. Take what you listed in 1, 2, and 3 shopping. 
5. Give yourself a time limit shopping. 






4 comments:

  1. I love how you styled this dress both ways! It looks so cute with the jeans and cardigan!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good now and later post. Both ways you styled this dress are beautiful.

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pink cardigan looks so cozy, and I just love the hat!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you stylised this dress in both ways !
    It looks so georgous.
    xx,
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!