home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, April 9, 2018

Madewell Try-On's: Spring


First things first, there's a big Madewell sale going on and today is the last day! I was hoping to get this post up earlier, but better late than never, right? So the good news is you can take 20% off everything except denim and their leather transport collection or 30% off orders of $200+ with code FOLLOWURCART. Of course, I had to get in and do a quick try on. Actually, I did two trips as you'll be able to tell with my hair.

stripe and floral dress

wrap stripe dress

RUFFLE FAUX WRAP DRESS $150 // Size 0

Madewell didn't come out with many dresses this season, but thought this one was worth trying on. It is bold, but a flattering cut. I could see how this could work in an office setting or for the weekend. It does run true to size. 

bell-sleeve blush top

cute coral top

TEXTURE & THREAD GATHERED-SLEEVE TOP $45 // SIZE XS

Okay, you might recognize this from my last post. Clearly, I loved it. The color is a nice blush for Spring. For me, the texture and material is what makes this extra special. I will say it does run short and you would need high-waisted jeans.

cute stripe tee for women

red and blue stripe tee

HI-FI SHRUNKEN TEE $35 // SIZE XS

Can Madewell ever make a bad stripe? Nope. This one is a little more tomboy, but I kinda love that with the smaller fit. It's a little loose and felt I could wear an xs or small without seeing any real difference.



TEXTURE & THREAD WRAP-TIE TOP $45 // SIZE XXS

This is just another great updated basic top that will go with so much. It does come in several other colors. I did find this to run big. I would have never tried it on an xxs until seeing it in person. It's still not fitted, so I would say size down.



RAINBOW STRIPE BUTTON-FRONT TANK TOP $58 // SIZE M (PROBABLY NEED XS)

I really was hoping my store would have this in my size, but the smallest size was a medium. It's clearly so big, but fun for the warmer months. I love the elastic at the back for fit. I'm thinking I would need a XS in this one.

white floral top and cut off shorts



HIGH-RISE DENIM BOYSHORTS IN GLENOAKS WASH $69.50 // SIZE 25 

EMBROIDERED FABLE TOP $65.99 // SIZE XS

This top might look familiar, but I had to try it on again now that it's been marked down. It really looks best tucked in. While I don't try on denim often, I am on the hunt for shorts. Their denim does run a size bigger than what I normally get or if you are between sizes you should get your smaller size. These are just the right amount of high-waist for someone who is short in the torso, like myself. Surprisingly, they were comfy around the waist. While I'm still debating if they are flattering on my rear, they do cover it all. I'm just not used to a more fitted pair of shorts.




Which is your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. Madewell is the best when there is a sale!

    www.thesweetestclementine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madewell has some great things this season, and I'm obsessed with that gathered sleeve top!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute items dear, especially the 2nd. Really perfect with jeans.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!