home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, March 7, 2016

Best Nude Lipsticks for Olive Skin

 It's not until recently that I've become a lipstick lover. I guess you can say I'm a late bloomer when it comes to makeup, but it's when I discovered the nude lipstick look it had my name a l l over that. And let's face it-not all nude lipsticks are the same! Now, let's toss in olive skin and it's been slightly trickier. I didn't want anything that was lighter than my actual skin color and these 3 definitely pass the test.
 This was my very first introduction to nudes. Shanghai Spice has a peachy, coral hint to it and has sheer coverage. Sometimes I layer it on top of my third pick, Nars in Barbara.
 Let's be real almost errrybody and there mom probably has heard about Velvet Teddy, but it's great on olive skin. It's not too light and not too dark. And call me crazy but it has a coconut smell to it that I'm perfectly okay with.



Oh, Barbara! Nars lipstick in Barbara subtle difference but my go-to for everyday when I want a little difference from my natural lip color. I would say this one you do need to play up the eyes more or you can look washed out.

Do you have any favorite nude lip colors? I'm always on the hunt for another great one!

14 comments:

  1. Great picks, Adri! You look great! I love the names they choose for these lipstick shades. 'Velvet Teddy' is cute!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. I cannot wait to try Mac Velvet Teddy.
    One of my favorites for Olive tones is Smashbox Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection! Nude are the perfect go to the daily life and we were actually looking for some good ones! This selection seems great, we'll definitely have a look on the Nars one. And we are also looking for a matte one, so we'll keep looking!
    We have one favorite lipcolor from mac, which is the FAUX. It's a little bit more rosy, but it still does a nude kind of effect.
    Thank you for sharing your pick!
    http://dmdmagazine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nude lipstick collection! Great shades!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Velvet Teddy is a classic! But love how Shanghai Spice looked on you!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty colors! I might have to look into one of those - I am still looking for a color I like.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to find the right nude shade, ESPECIALLY for olive/tan skin. Thanks for sharing!

    XO,

    Meagan
    BLOGLOVIN'
    Hearts of Gold Blog
    Instagram @heartsofgoldblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've recently been on a major nude lip kick too. These all look great on you!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh olive skin and nude.. LOVE it gorgeous!!!

    Sabrina | www.GYPSYTAN.co

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore nude lippies but remain a little on the fence about using them. I mean, I have Shanghai Spice. However, I use it rarely and when I do, I feel pale and washed out, you know. I also like Kat Von D's Backstage Bambi, it's several shades more intense and because of that, I think it works better for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shades!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE lipstick! Great nude options! Velvet teddy is so gorgeous!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the velvet teddy and I love it. Mac's lipsticks are awesome!

    I started a linkup on Thursdays and I would love for you to join it, below. Thanks. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/03/thursday-moda-2-and-pop-of-yellow.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!