home     about     contact     styling        

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Remix Matching Separates

With fashion constantly evolving and new trends popping out, it's a love hate relationship to be honest. Some trends I'm immediately on board and others have me scratching my head like this. When matching separates started to make it into stores last year, my initial thought was 'alright fashion industry, you are trying to get me to buy something that was once sewed together but now you cut it into two and my wallet will not be fooled!' But then I kept seeing matching separates and really cute printed ones (ahem, hello florals). This light bulb went off right when this set was available on Hautelook and suddenly I saw the potential in separates. I mean a girl is allowed to change her mind, am I right? Or was it just perfect timing? I know you've seen me wear the skirt and top separately and very recently, but I am totally in love with them and now I wanted to show you how easy it is to remix matching separates.

Link up with Lauren
Here are some of my favorite matching separates:

7 comments:

  1. I love the matching seperates! I agree with you about some trends being perfect and others just completely weird! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any separates like this that are the same print, but I love how you styled these pieces!!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...an overall crop top? I don't think so. I do love the look of matching separates but don't own a pair yet. I love how you were able to wear it so many ways! I found your blog recently and love your style! I'm also living in LA! :-)
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a versatile set! I love that you can wear them for the look of a dress while still keeping the infinite possibilities of a skirt and top.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through Sharon. Love this post and how many outfits you can make out of the separates.
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I have the tendency to wear the same five things over and over again until one of them develops holes.

    x. jill
    beck daily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!