home     about     contact     styling        

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Reflections





So it's time for a little real talk today. It's really hard not to be all about the accessories when you work for an accessory company. I mean I basically looked at these stunning heels all day, couldn't wait own these tropical flats, and said hello the cutest clutch. Oh the list is looong! Sometimes it's not a complaint at all. I love shoes and bags! But, yes there is a but, it can become overwhelming to get caught up in the newest, the latest, need to have it now. The overwhelm to snatch up today's favorite when knowing tomorrow might come an even better favorite and have that cycle repeat the next day. I guess you can say there has been a bit of a battle between scooping up the new when truthfully I have plenty in my closet (part of me can't believe I'm admitting that). But then there's this ol' fashion blog that I have and providing you some awesome outfits. Don't get me wrong I totally love doing that, but I also don't want to create that overwhelm for you too. I guess you can say I've been doing a lot of reflecting and trying to come up some inspiring posts that bring fashion without the overwhelm. Does anyone else ever feel that pressure?

xo Adri
Link up on Style Sessions, Shanna, Weekly Fashion

14 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your stripes, and those shoes are awesome! It can be easy to get caught up in the pressure of having a blog and needing new things, I know I've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these pretty colors! Those shoes are so fun! I can't wait for warmer weather to come!
    ~~Megan~~
    http://www.poshprime.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgsh it can def be hard to have a blog and not shop or keep it at a minimum!! I am trying to realize how easy shopping my closet it tho --and you are so right, I don't want any other person to see my blog and feel bad and go out and overspend!! Great perspective!! And you look marvelous :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely feel pressure to keep buying things so I have something new for the blog! And I don't know how stop yourself from buying EVERYTHING from work. I would be spending my whole paycheck on shoes and bags...
    But I love to see bloggers remix items in their wardrobe so I don't think it's really necessary to always buy new stuff!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I feel that pressure too. It's become worse since blogging, but it's a feeling that's been there a long time. I used to work in a denim store, and ALWAYS needed to have the latest and greatest. I used to get stressed out about making a purchase, because I was scared something better would come in the next day...and no one needs that many pairs of jeans.

    My thoughts are, as long as you're wearing what you have, it shouldn't be an issue to build your collection, right? :)

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look adorable! I looooove your outfit! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Paris Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya loud and clear...style blogging is a balancing act...but honestly, you nail it every time and always inspire me....as in today...you are inspiring to grab these flats ASAP!!! I want them now and their leopard sister!! Ha!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if I worked there, I would spend my entire paycheck! lol. I agree, It can be very overwhelming feeling like you've always got to have new clothes.

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously LOVE the colors! Salmon & light blue is one of my fave combos :) And the print break up is spot on.

    xo
    Candace
    http://www.kahandace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flats are so adorable!! I love tropical prints in the spring and summer! Yes I completely understand what I mean about the newest and latest, and reading fashion blogs sometimes make me feel like I always have to have the newest and latest, which can be overwhelming. I like knowing about trends, but I don't feeling like I NEED to know if that makes sense.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! I love that hat, and your hair. xo


    ALLURE OBSESSED

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving those shoes and that hat! Great look.
    xo, Lauren-lee
    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just thinking when looking at the pictures, "I love seeing her rock the new SS stuff!" But seriously, I have been struggling with many of the same thoughts. I have birthday money that I haven't spent and store credit unused because I feel like I have a lot already. We are lucky ladies.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this understated look! And love your practical style tips too :) PS - love that tropical print flats!!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!