home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, November 6, 2017

Madewell Try On's: Early Winter PT 2

best madewell winter finds

UPDATE: Madewell's Sale is happening! Everything in this post is 25% off with code: DONTSTRESS (it excludes their leather line and third party brands).

While I'm not one to miss the Madewell store when there are new arrivals, I totally got behind about posting my review for you-oops! But I actually tried these pieces on before this post here. These pieces are worth a review because they would look great for the holidays and keeping cozy. Plus, I do think you could wear these in the years to come (so important). 



NORTHROD PULLOVER SWEATER (ORG $69.50) NOW $49.99 // SIZE XXS

If you're looking for something cozy, this piece is perfect. It's oversized and has some texture to it. It is more on the lightweight side and comes in a two other colors. It's was also just marked down, so scoop it up if you need some good basics.



It's the print that really caught my eye. I didn't think much of it online, but looks so special in person. While I am not found of the drop waist on this, it is a nice dress if you don't have fuller hips. There is a top version that I prefer more (I'll show that soon).





Whenever I try Madewell skirts, I always size up. I'm 5'4 but I want some length in them. I'm sure I could get away with a 2, but felt good with the length. Now, let me just say these pictures do not do this skirt justice. The color is a really lux sterling grey. Truly, I'm on a velvet kick, but this skirt would be amazing for the holiday season-dress it up or down.



As I mentioned earlier, this print is perfect! The wrap cut is more flattering in my opinion. It is shorter in length, so wouldn't wear this with lower waisted pants. This cut is something Madewell tried at the end of summer with a cotton version (seen here), but the silk is actually better. While I could have done an XS, I didn't want it to be too tight at the bottom where it is more fitted. 



SILK TIERED BUTTON-BACK TOP IN HEART FLIP $98 (Now $69.99 + 25% off) // SIZE XS
So you might recognize this top from this post, but I still wanted to review it for the sizing. Clearly, you know I love it. While you can see it's a relaxed, loose fit, I will say that it is a little small in the shoulders. I know I could do a size smaller because it's loose, but found the bigger of the two sizes I wear to offer enough comfort to more my arms in. And know that's coming from someone who has small shoulders. It also comes in solid colors in a different fabric, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!