home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, November 2, 2017

How to Embrace Neutrals

easy fall outfit

black and tan outfit for fall


tan moto jacket and silk top

cute weekend outfit

wool felt hat and cute silk top

top (size xs) // jeans // jacket (on sale) // purse (love this) // hat // sunglasses // espadrilles

 Style changes. Style evolves just like we do. We get new opportunities in life and that tends to change our closets, too. My last year of college I had this fun internship with Bloomingdales helping in their studio services department. It meant this color obsessed girl, who didn't own a single black piece of clothing, was going to have to get past that. All you could wear was black-head to toe. At that time, I never imagined loving black and anything neutral to be honest. To me neutrals we're fun, it was as if you were just giving up on your outfit. And let's be real-I had way more time back then. But from then to now, I learned there is a way for neutrals to be fun and exciting. It's all about styling and getting new perspective. Here are my tips to make neutrals easy to shop for:
  1. Start small: Find a print in neutrals (like this top) that will work longer than say a bold neon print. It'll mix in a lot easier, too.
  2. Look for details: With different shapes and cuts, neutrals can have edge to them and keep their longevity while making a statement.
  3. Put on blinders: Let's be real! It's hard to not get distracted by something shiny while shopping. Intentionally go neutral shopping to stores that are known for basics.


Thank you for linking up with us! It means so much! Our picks are Jessica from Not Jess Fashion and Alina from Alina Ermilova!




9 comments:

  1. That blouse is so cute! I love the little gold hearts!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that's such a beautiful top! I love the style and the print pairs so nicely with your leather jacket! :)

    I've really been trying to buy more neutrals lately, it's a gap in my wardrobe as I tend to buy so many prints!

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead of you :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is just adorable! Great styling.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the best neutral looks! This top is the cutest!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this top! Great look Adri!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love neutrals! They are my go-to. Like you said, they can really extend your wardrobe!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these neutrals on you! I definitely tend to stick to a lot of monochromatic colors, but this makes me want to wear more neutrals. They are so perfect for Fall. Awesome look!
    Thank you for linking up this week!

    ~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blouse you got there dear, I love the print. Also, cute leather jacket you got there!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!