home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thanksgiving Outfit Inspiration






jacket (similar) // dress (on sale!) // purse (similar) // booties

While all the texts and emails coming in about turkey and who's making what, you can find me over here planning what I'll be wearing for Thanksgiving. The chances I'll get my outfit right are a lot higher than me trying to nail down those brussel sprouts again. So I'm just going to stick to what I know best (unless someone has a fool proof recipe for me). With family all local, that makes for a lot of food hoping and the chance for me to have my outfit really seen ;) Truthfully, everyone tends to dress down at all the lunches and dinners I'll be going to (I think it's three as of now), but I feel like holidays are meant for a special dress. This is one of my favorite dresses I've picked up and has the cutest sleeve detail! Pairing it with the jean jacket is my compromise so it's not over the top when everyone else is in jeans and a tee or sweater. So how does one eat at three Thanksgiving feasts? Well that's where the tights come in. They're a solid reminder that you cannot over do it because these tights are only going to keep pressing into your stomach. Does your family do a casual or dressier Thanksgiving?

Here's some more dresses that would be perfect for your Thanksgiving look:



Thanks so much for linking up with Jessica and I! How amazing are Sarah from Sew Sarah R and Laurie from Vanity and Me!




11 comments:

  1. I love dresses for big family meals precisely because you can fit more into your belly, so I'd probably ditch the tights, haha!

    We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia but we do have a big feast at Christmas time, I'm looking forward to it! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope you have had a lovely week and have a great weekend ahead of you :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my favorite things, a dress and dark floral! Beautiful look and perfect for Thanksgiving!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute dress! I love it paired with the booties and denim jacket. It is perfect for any fall day and just great for Thanksgiving!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress, and it looks great with the denim jacket! Our Thanksgiving tends to be on the casual side too.
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress and your style Adri. This outfit is perfect and my kind of uniform for Fall because it is between dressy and casual which I love. =)

    Thanks for the linkup. Welcome by the blog and join my new linkup this week. Linkups go live every Thursday, come share your pretty style. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2017/11/thursday-moda-88-13-ways-to-wear-plaid.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start thinking about my Thanksgiving day outfit! I love the dress with the tights combo. And I totally wear tights as shapewear too...lol
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the denim jacket with this outfit! I haven't even thought about an outfit yet! I need to get on it!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look for thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing on the link up over at A Pocketful of Polka Dots' Fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely look for Thanksgiving! Denim jacket on short black dress is really a classic combination, and you're definitely rocking it dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great outfit for Thanksgiving! I love that you paired your jean jacket with a black dress. It is such a gorgeous look that can be worn for warm or colder weather. Love it!
    Thank you for linking up this week!

    ~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is a perfect compromise for a casual thanksgiving when you'd rather be more dressed up. Plus, what is better than a dress for a big meal, right?
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!