home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Best Outfits of 2017



Anyone else still trying to figure out what day it is? You just kinda have an idea that it's the last week of 2017! I'm right there with you. But hope you had a great holiday with family and friends. Unfortunately, Santa gave me a nice cold or flu to end the year. So 2018 I'm ready for you! While this year was filled with many ups and downs, one thing that keep me going was YOU coming to linkup with Jessica and I for our Flashback Friday's. Really--thank you for coming to our blogs and joining us! We thought it would be fun to flashback to our linkup outfits of 2017 and I have to say I'm honestly not cringing. This year, I learned to hone in my style with a lot of neutrals, hats and denim for sure.
While the open shoulder trend might be one that isn't for everyone (personal preferences), I scooped that sweater up for under $10 and figured I wouldn't freeze in LA. Pairing blush as a neutral is one style tip coming with me to the New Year.

This look has me so excited to see! We'll be heading to the Bay next week and this coat never lets me down. The texture makes it fun to pair with stripes, too! 
Oh my goodness, can you tell I lived in these black jeans?! They were another random sale find and fit like a glove-WIN! But you can say the jacket, espadrilles and hat got so much wear. Basics are where it's at!

It was up until this point, that I started to incorporate prints back in (not counting stripes). This top is still one of my all time favorite purchases from Madewell. And how well does it go with my favorite jeans? ;)

It might have been Summer, but I wasn't going to stop wearing almost all black! From the hat down to the sandals, these accessories carried me through the season.

In case you were getting worried I only wore those black jeans, here you go! This wrap denim skirt was actually returned and then rebought on major sale. It's very forgiving when you eat too much (and what girl doesn't need that?!).

And because one denim skirt isn't enough, I went and got this longer style. Pairing it with a simple white tee gave it that casual polished look I was going for. 

Besides my black jeans, these ripped jeans got so much wear at the end of the year. I probably could live in these now. Also, this cardigan was the perfect affordable piece to wear in a cold office. The pockets are so convenient! 
Never would have reached for this mustard color, but so glad I did! This sweater is one of my favorites and couldn't resist adding the neck scarf (now under $7!). The real staple here are the booties. They've been going strong for 3 years now! They're on sale (+free ship) and thinking I should get a backup pair. 

Again, thank you for coming along this year! We want to see one final outfit post from you below! Have a safe, wonderful New Year's! 



5 comments:

  1. I love your outfits! I don't think I have a favorite one because I love each one! Have a fun New Years!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice way to look back on the year, as you've had some very stylish outfits! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are having a great week! I'm enjoying that quiet lazy period between Christmas and New Years and relaxing a bit.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing more great outfits in 2018 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great looks Adri! I always look forward to your outfits every Friday! Wishing you a happy, and healthy new year!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adri, I adore your easy casual style! You are always so refined and chic yet comfortable! Wishing you a very happy New Year.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!