home     about     contact     styling        

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Little Red Dress

how to style a red dress

how to style a red dress

how to style a red dress

how to style a red dress

how to style a red dress
(pictures taken by new friend Laura)
So this dress might actually be red orange. But titling it 'Little Red Orange Dress' didn't sound quite right. It's safe to say that I'm obsessed with shift dresses and anyone who saw me at Lucky Fabb might be thinking the same thing. I just don't recommend wearing them on a breezy day. You can't tell from these photos, but it's just my luck that this day was sporadically breezy. Okay, so perhaps I should just know to wear shorts or a slip underneath because it could be breezy across town. So there was a lot of awkward holding down my dress, which is real nice when you're chatting with some of your favorite bloggers for the first time. Totally worth it when Kacie complimented it.

Perhaps that didn't convince you on this dress, I mean a dress that can fly up and all. But the color is one that's a perfect alternative to say the LBD or little white dress. It's a recent purchase from Zara and it's under $40. With all the ways you can style it, I would say this is a no brainer. Just don't forget the shorts/slip underneath;)

Outfit Deets:
Dress: Zara
Flats: Gap (similar)
Necklace: Le Mode

Link up on Trend Spin and Style Sessions Stylish Tuesday

12 comments:

  1. This dress is ADORABLE! I love how it's slightly swing-y at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress and the color. hahah yeap, that tends to happen but I never wear slips. I don't own one... maybe I should buy one?
    Xo, Belen
    Androbel Insider

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so cute! The color and swingy-ness is so fun! I would twirl in this all day!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha omgsh I swear everytime I wear a shift dress mother nature decides it should be a wind storm :) And you look so cute--your love of dresses has convinced me I def. need more in my closet!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! That color is great on you!
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this look!! Such a cute cut on that dress

    xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's that dress that I LOVE/WANT/NEED! I'm bookmarking it and hopefully I'll get a chance to order it tomorrow (when the hubby's not here to see me buying more clothes. lol). It was so great meeting you! Loved getting to chat! Hope to see you again soon :) We must stay in touch!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is stunning - what a gorgeous color! And I love it with the animal-print flats!
    kstormfashionblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shifts too! This one is adorable!

    xo Amy
    www.urbanfrill.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute outfit!!! Love the poppyish color!! Definitely a favorite of mine for spring and summer. Pretty necklace as well. :)
    ~Angela
    www.prettyinherpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute dress! Love the color and love how flowy it is. (Plus it looks comfy!) So cute!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the cutest, Adri! I LOVE coral and leopard! The coral dress looks amazing on you!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie
    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!