home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, April 7, 2014

Shifty Business

how to style a shift dress


how to style a shift dress


how to style a shift dress
If there is one style of dress that I can't seem to get enough of, it's the shift. And yes I did cave and get this off of my last craving lately post and you might see another dress from that post really soon. But anyway back to this shift. I knew that it's a dress that I would love dressing up and down, which is one thing I always look for. Since I was attending Lucky Fabb, I wanted to go for a more professional still fashionable vibe. Tossing on a structured jacket always does the the trick, but giving it a little more depth with the chambray is a great unexpected touch.

You may or may not thank me for the lack of pictures from attending Lucky Fabb over the weekend. I'm not the best at trying to take it all in and snapping pictures. I couldn't even eat without spilling on myself-yes I can dress like a lady but grace is another thing. But just a tiny recap: meeting some very stylish bloggers that are just as nice in real life, this lady recognizing me, and the swag bag was like 10 lbs (enough said).

Hope you had a great weekend! Let's have a great week! xo
Outfit Deets:
Jacket: H&M
Chambray: Forever 21 (similar)
Dress: Threadsence





13 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit. Seriously, it's so great. I love the unexpected layers and textures of dress and jacket. And those shoes!!!

    So jealous you got to attend Lucky Fabb - I would love to go someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair! So pretty! I love the dress!!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, sweet girl, of course I recognized you!! It was so great meeting you!! And can we talk about how amazing that swag bag was!! I was scared I would not make the 50lb cut off when I checked in my bag to fly home!! Such a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable and you hair is seriously looking FABULOUS! Ha and I am the same way with pictures--if I am on vaca or doing anything remotely fun--I am awful with capturing the moment on film lol! O well :) I hope you had a fabulous time--I am super jelly! :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that print on the dress! You look fabulous!
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep- so true! If I'm busy taking pictures I feel like I'm not really living in and enjoying the moment! Glad you had a great time at Lucky Fabb and I agree that a structured jacket (vs. say, a cardigan) always takes an outfit to a dressier/more professional level. And thanks for the tidbit on Nicole Richie and gardening! Now I know where to wear my outfit! LOL!
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layering! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! Those shoes are fabulous!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still so very jealous of the Lucky Fabb! Would have been awesome to meet you!
    This look is great- love the mix of textures and the funky wedges!
    Thank you for your support with manic Monday!
    carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so cool that you got to go to Lucky Fabb!! I had the invite, but just couldn't make the trip. I really hope to go some day!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh soo so beautiful! I love your dress, layering and shoes! You look so perfectly put together! Haha 10lbs of swag bag is never a bad thing c;

    <(`) Hoda || JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous outfit ! The layering is perfect! I love a good shift dress. Very nice! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit was so cute!! I had so much fun getting to know you and can't wait to follow along with your blog! I REALLY need those shoes.
    www.theperennialstyle.com
    -Blair-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!