home     about     contact     styling        

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Double Stripes

how to wear stripes on stripes

how to wear stripes on stripes

how to wear stripes on stripes
Sometimes I think my weekend style is actually dressier than the weekdays. But when the weekday (looking at you Monday) starts I'm always looking for casual put together looks that trick people into thinking it was a breeze getting out of bed. Stripes on stripes is just one of those ways. Not only do you get a little pattern play for visual appeal, but mixing vertical and horizontal stripes keeps you looking slim and tall.

Thanks so much for reading! xo
Outfit Deets:
Button Down: H&M (good option)
Tshirt: H&M (similar)
Jeans: AE
Flats: Forever 21 (old, similar)

Link up on Trend Spin, Style Sessions

8 comments:

  1. Love this double striped look. And those flats!? Adorable!

    xo Amy
    www.urbanfrill.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute casual look. Lovin' the stripes on stripes combo.

    Stay Styled,

    Lindsey

    http://staystyledoc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is too cute! i would've never thought to wear stripes on stripes, but you've convinced me that it works!
    xox
    chloe
    http://popcosmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you styled the stripes on stripes - and those flats. Totally swooning over them! :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never really thought about double stripes but it looks good! Love that button down!
    ~jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stripes and stripes!! and such gorgeous shoes!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have thought of this stripe-on-stripe look, but you pulled it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a super cute look, Adri! I actually have a blue striped button down top that looks just like yours and I usually style it really preppy for work. This is a nice way to style it casually for the weekend!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!