home     about     contact     styling        

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Shirtdress

styling a shirtdress

styling a shirtdress
styling a shirtdress


styling a shirtdress

styling a shirtdress

styling a shirtdress

styling a shirtdress

styling a shirtdress
 Lately, I've been reaching for some basic pieces in my closet and finding new ways to wear them. This shirtdress hasn't seen enough days outside my closet and that has to change. While it's great on it's own, mixing in some fun prints is great to add some personality to it and if you can't tell already but I love any chance to layer. I know print mixing can be a little too bold for some or maybe certain 9-5's, but wearing them on separate halves of the body really tones it down. I know I'm technically mixing three prints with the tote (not that there's anything wrong with that), but you can blame that on the ban of plastic bags here in California and my spontaneous trips to Trader Joe's and needing to lug it gracefully. A girl's gotta fill up on flowers and chocolate for the week!

Hope you had a nice visit from the Easter bunny! xo

Outfit Deets:
Dress: old H&M (good option, too cute)
Tshirt: H&M (similar)


14 comments:

  1. Love that shirt dress! You styled it well!
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've started incorporating style tips because they're really, really great! Cute outfit!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much Adri! The shirt dress and the flower popping out of your bag is too cute! xx
    Great blog and I'm so happy I came across it!
    Your newest avid reader,
    Kelly

    Hope you're having a lovely Monday!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look--the small pattern mixing looks awesome--and I am loving the red flowers :) Ps. you hair looks ah-mazing!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! So chic and simple!
    Tobruckave Blog
    xo
    Kiara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet outfit! Your photos are always so pretty. I love gerber daisies and TJ's, too. ;)

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you styled this shirt dress! SO cute!

    xo Amy
    www.urbanfrill.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! styling polka dots, stripes, and leopard together is genius

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shirt dresses and you're really rocking this look!! The tote bag is also a really cute addition and seems a bit retro in the design.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress looks so comforable Adri!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! I love the idea of wearing a shirt dress a little more open for a touch of pattern pop in your under layer! This is great! And girl, you just look flawless. The headshot in your first pic = gorgeous (more so than usual!) Thanks for linking up! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you've layered up this shirt dress, and the subtle print mix works so well!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! Love the tee under the dress! You are beautiful!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look so much. You can never go wrong with a good pair of leopard flats! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!