home     about     contact     styling        

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Red, White, and Blue



stripe top (similar, love this sleeveless one) // zara skort // target sandals
Here's the thing that has made me cringe over the years about dressing for holidays, it's usually done in a way that just screams bad fashion. It took me several years to figure out that it can be done in a chic and stylish way. And really isn't it smarter to look for pieces you already have in your closet to pull a look together for the 4th? I think so. The best part is that it probably will work any day of the year not just the 4th of July. I wore this out to dinner the other day and I totally got the stamp of approval from my handsome guy. The key is keeping the red or blue the accent color. Since I have way more blue and white in my closet, I went for a redish purse (I know it looks more coral in these pictures) as the accent.

Have you planned your outfit for the 4th yet? Here's some pieces that I love:



Link up on Trend Spin Style Sessions Stylish Tuesday, What I Wore

15 comments:

  1. LOVE this Adri! The shirt is gorgeous and I love it with that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt! this is a fashionista's way of dressing for the 4th of july!
    Xo, Belen
    A Hint of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stylish outfit for the 4th!! Really love your top, looks so chic and comfy!!

    Amber
    Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love this look for the 4th! You arent walking around with a flag tshirt, but the subtlty of the red bag with the blue and white is great.
    From the link up,
    Please Stop By , jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! What a perfect style tip. It can be so hard to wear red, white & blue without looking kind of cheap, but you did it so well! Love the stripes. Happy 4th of July!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great 4th look! I completely agree that holiday fashion can definitely be bad, but you pulled it off perfectly!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look! It's perfect for the 4th but also looks great for everyday!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect July 4th outfit! Love your skirt!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this red white and blue ensemble. That skirt is super cute! I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest post... http://www.fashboulevard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a similar skort in black. Love your take!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, though sometimes I like to have a tacky day now and then and this loud holiday is a pretty good one for it!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love this look. The skort is adorable!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need that skirt :) Looks beautiful with the shirt and accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!